Bhaktivedanta Institute for Vocational Training (BIVT) is an initiative of the Bhaktivedanta Gurukula and International School (BGIS), an educational unit of ISKCON, to empower the youth in rural areas including those from underprivileged section of the society to be endowed with practical skills to enable them to be productive participants in the development of our country.
BGIS is a residential school situated in Vrindavana and is affiliated to ICSE board and provides holistic education to students with a strength of 300 students at present. Upto 30% of students from rural backgrounds in BPL/OBC/SC/ST category are given free education through various scholarship programs.
The project is headed by Dr. Lila Purshottam Das, Prof IIT Kanpur and many professionals are involved in the project.
LIST OF VOCATIONAL COURSES
• Although there is a huge youth population in the country, very small fraction of graduates are employable
• The schools and colleges emphasize on rote earning rather than focus on imparting real-life skills.
• Lack of adequate facilities for vocational training and skill development to cater to the needs of youth and Industry.
1. Prof. Laxmidhar Behera, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Kanpur
2. Hanuman Das, Senior Director ISKCON
3. Prof.PawanGoyal, Department of Computer Science, IIT Kharagpur
4. Prof. R. K. Behera, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Patna
5. Prof. A. K. Nayak, Humanities and Social Sciences, IIM Indore
6. Radhakant Das, Project Manager, BGIS new campus
•The names of your organization sahll be inscribed in recognition as a donor.
• Your contribution will enable thousands of students to receive holistic education & to become ideal citizens of the country